The Buddy Scheme is now open for applications for next academic year and is looking for people like you to become Volunteers. The Buddy Scheme is a peer to peer support scheme that helps students adjust into life at University and Brighton. Here are 5 reasons to become a Buddy Volunteer and be a part of it:
- Support others who will be joining us at Sussex in September. Lend them a helping hand by answering their questions, both before they arrive and once they get to Sussex by understanding their initial challenges and thrills of starting university.
- Make a difference to a new student’s time at Sussex, which can be daunting and overwhelming for many. Share your knowledge and tips with them to make their experience exciting and wonderful instead!
- Make connections with up to 5 new students who you can be matched with based on your preferences. You can also make new friends and try something different on our trips, activities and events.
- Develop your skills by volunteering as a Buddy, which is flexible, fun and informal. It’s also a great way to gain transferable skills which can be invaluable experience which looks great on your CV.
- Look after your wellbeing through volunteering, it’s a great way to look after your own mental health, reduce isolation, improve your confidence and social skills.
Sign up today to be matched with new students in August, it’s quick and easy: www.buddyscheme.com/apply/current-students